OPHA’s strength is our members
Get more involved in OPHA and Oregon's public health community, make sure your voice is heard, and stay current about public health information and trends throughout our region. JOIN OPHA NOW!
OPHA is the premier source of networking, learning, knowledge and future-oriented research for Oregon's public health professionals and stakeholders. We provide opportunities for our members to network, learn, advocate and develop leadership, presentation, and other professional skills. OPHA represents more than 400 public health professionals, providers, students, advocates, and stakeholders. Our members are individuals and organizations across the state working together for a healthy Oregon. OPHA educates the public and policy makers and advocates for laws, policies, and programs that protect and promote the health and safety of our families and communities. By joining OPHA, you are helping create a healthier Oregon by amplifying the voice for preventing disease and injury and expanding access to affordable and high quality health care.
OPHA Members receive:
- Discounted admission to OPHA’s educational forums, conferences and events
- Regular e-updates with information about OPHA activities as well as news for and about the public health community in Oregon
- Free admission to one Special Interest Section; additional sections are only $13 each annually
- Leadership opportunities including participating on an OPHA Committee
- Voting privileges - Each individual member is entitled to a single vote in all issues referred to the membership for a vote such as modifications to association bylaws and the election of various board and committee positions (Regional Representative are elected by and from members who reside in that region*)
- Updates on policy and advocacy issues
- Opportunities to participate in organized action to improve public health in Oregon
- Opportunities to connect statewide with other public health professionals, advocates and stakeholders
- Active membership $65/ year
General OPHA membership
- Special membership $25/ year
Students, retirees, or individuals earning less than $20,000/ year
Click here to complete your 2017 OPHA Member Application.
Thank you for supporting OPHA!
*OPHA members are represented by a Board of Directors, including 5 Regional Representatives. One Board member will represent each of the following regions:
- Region 1 - Multnomah County
- Region 2 (Southwestern Oregon) - Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, and Lane Counties
- Region 3 (Northwestern Oregon) - Clatsop, Columbia, Lincoln, Tillamook, Washington, and Yamhill Counties
- Region 4 (Eastern Oregon) - Baker, Crook, Deschutes, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Wasco, and Wheeler Counties
- Region 5 (Valley) - Benton, Clackamas, Hood River, Linn, Marion, and Polk Counties
Click here to learn more about OPHA Leadership.
Let’s build a movement... together.
The American Public Health Association* champions the health of all people and all communities by strengthening the public health profession, and by speaking out for public health issues and policies backed by science. APHA is the only organization that influences federal policy, has a 140-plus year perspective and brings together members from all fields of public health.
APHA members work in every discipline of public health, in every U.S. state and in countries across the globe. But we’re all united by a common thread and shared goals: To prevent disease and injury and create communities in which all people have the opportunity to live long, healthy lives.
When you become a member of APHA, you’ll be joining a growing movement of people who also believe everyone deserves an opportunity at good health and the lifelong advantages that come with it. You’ll be joining a movement that reflects and draws strength from the great diversity of the public health field. You’ll be joining a movement of people who support science, prevention and justice.
Join APHA today, and help create the healthiest nation in one generation.
*OPHA is the Oregon State Affiliate of the American Public Health Association.